I’m a freelance technology journalist with nearly a decade of experience writing news, product reviews, analysis, and reported features. From my remote outpost in Cincinnati, I cover consumer devices and the services that tie them together, mainly for PCWorld, TechHive, and Fast Company. I also write a weekly column about cord-cutting, along with a weekly newsletter for more than 10,000 active subscribers.
Here are some stories I’m proud to have written:
- TV Wars: Inside Roku’s Plan To Beat Apple, Amazon, And Google, Fast Company, June 2015.
- Why The Promise Of Unlimited Cloud Storage Keeps Getting Broken, Fast Company, November 2015
- Cord cutting is a bigger bargain than ever, TechHive, November 2016
- Why AMD FreeSync is beating Nvidia G-Sync on monitor selection and price, PCWorld, October 2016
- Sling TV misleads cord cutters with its “a la carte” marketing push, TechHive, May 2017
- How One Company Is Bringing Old Video Games Back From The Dead, Fast Company, November 2015
- Why On Earth Is Google Building A New Operating System From Scratch? Fast Company, August 2016
- How Itch.io became an indie PC game haven—and Steam’s antithesis, PCWorld, March 2017
For more samples, here are links to what I’ve written lately:
Want to know more about cutting the cable TV cord? My weekly newsletter includes a link to my latest Cord Cutter Confidential column on TechHive, along with news, insights, and a deal of the week. Sign up below: